Monday, November 24, 2014

An End to the Tournament

Greetings MechWarriors,

This morning marks the end of this weekend's MechWarrior Online Tournament! Congratulations to everyone that completed the challenge and who was handsomely rewarded for their efforts!

This was the first tournament that I have participated in and let me tell you, what a grind this one was. The objective of this tournament was to obtain 20 Tournament Points. These Points could be earned in only one way: get at least one kill, at least one assist, survive the match, and win. Sounds easy right? Well, maybe it was for some, but I thought it was a little grueling and, at times, demoralizing. However, I'd like to personally thank whoever it was at Piranha Games that decided to give everyone three days of Premium Time (normally a paid-for service) starting after their first Point! Thanks, pal and/or gal! That really helped me a lot. With Premium Time you gain an extra 50% to your match C-Bills and Exp. That means that while grinding for the prize, I would gain an 80%  C-Bill bonus while running my Hero Mech and a 50% experience bonus as well! F-to-the-yeah, buddy!

The prize for suffering slightly through this tournament was a brand new, crisp, fresh-out-of-teh-box, VTR-9S, Victor. Competition was stiff, but at least a couple of people in my Unit got theirs! Here's a picture of mine.


Now, after all that has been said, I must also say this: I don't like Ultra AC/5's, of  which, the Victor has two. I'll write a post someday as to why I don't like them, if it wasn't obvious after using one. So, once again I'm looking into different builds. I have since changed a couple of the ones that I posted before, but we'll talk about them another day. I've already gone on long enough, so here's a screenshot of what I was thinking for my VTR-9S.


No matter how much I play with this Mech, it will only ever be my second favorite Victor. This would be my first.

Good luck & good hunting, pilots.

No comments:

Post a Comment