Friday, February 27, 2015

Really? THAT's what you've been up to?

Greetings Mechwarriors,

I must say that I'm a little disappointed. I'm certainly not surprised, but I am at least a little taken aback. I had been thinking about doing a post on the new Resistance Mechs, the Panther and Enforcer, that were recently released, or a post about what kind of music that I like to listen to while I play MWO, or a post about my change of opinion on the Ultra AC/5, or a post about my participation in a really, really fun community run event, or a post about how freaking sweet this is...but no, I think I need to address my disappointment.

This past Monday, PGI announced the pre-order availability of the Wave III Clan Collection. Really? That's what you've been up to, PGI? How about a different game type? How about more match making options? How about not breaking two things while patching one? How about really putting the finishing touches on this game before starting development on another one? Here's a great example of what I mean.

Adding those ovals was a comparable effort.

Six cockpit screens, with a seventh off to the right, that display absolutely nothing. I'm sure most people that have been playing this game for more than a month have just learned to ignore these screens and work around them, but these are a glaring omission. Shouldn't these display something? Wouldn't it be great if these were customizable? Why not let players choose parts of the HUD to instead display on these cockpit screens? Wouldn't that add to the immersion since I know that I'm not wearing a neurohelmet?

I also realize that I have adjusted my in-game FOV to give me more visibility and that not doing so could reduce the visibility of these displays, but, I mean, really. There's not even a speck of a hint on a quickly passing breeze that anything even remotely having to do with these screens will ever be implemented. So, again, I say, "really?"



Good luck and good hunting, pilots.

No comments:

Post a Comment