Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Heroes and Camo.

Greetings MechWarriors,

Last night I purchased my first Hero Mech, the Protector, Orion variant. I went with this Mech because I enjoyed piloting the Trial variant of the Orion. I bought the Hero variant for the C-Bill bonus. I was also able to find a build on the forums that sounded like a lot of fun to play and that's the build that I started with.


I've decided that I don't really like this build much. This is partially due to the mouse that I have. Currently, my 4th weapon group trigger is set to click down on the scroll wheel. I have two buttons on the side for my thumb, but those are set to Weapon Group 3 and 2x Zoom. I could change this setup, sure, but I've only got three weapon groups on the other four Mechs I own and I like having quick access to my Zoom. I also don't like the low amount of SRM and LRM ammo. So, I've decided to work my way towards my own build.


With this build, the idea is to be able to provide plenty of long range support while chain firing the LRM10's, but have plenty of short-mid range punch. My thought is also to be able to use the LB10-X Cooldown 5, MLaser Cooldown 5, and LRM10 Cooldown 5 modules across multiple Mechs. The Cooling Efficiency could stand to be higher, but I think I'll be alright as long as I don't ride the Mlasers. We'll see how hot it runs. With the 325XL engine, I should also be able to stay out of trouble. I may find myself switching to two LRM5's, two LPL's in the arms instead of the three MLasers, moving one ton of LRM ammo from the LT to the RT, and adding an extra Heatsink.

Last night I used some of my extra MC's to buy some camo colors and patterns. Boy, was I surprised to find that I wasn't able to use one "unlockable" camo pattern across multiple Mechs without paying for it multiple times. What a disappointment. Oh well. I did get the color scheme that I had wanted, so I guess that's close enough. If I continue with my AWS-8Q build for any length of time, I'll probably purchase a camo pattern for that.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment