Monday, November 17, 2014

Let's talk Loadouts.

Greetings MechWarriors,

There are only two ways to purchase Mechs in this game. One, earning C-Bills from acheivements and from matches. Two, purchasing Mech Credits with real world money. A recent update added even more ways to earn C-Bills in a match, for things like "flanking" and being in formation with your lance. I, for one, was glad to see this addition. The addition was important because this is such a tactical game and teamwork is absolutely necessary.

I currently have 5 Mechs in my bays. I purchased MC's tonight and got my first Hero Mech. I'm really looking forward to using it to farm C-Bills, as it gives you a bonus in matches.

First up, my only Light Mech: The FS-9H, Firestarter.

I started out with this Mech after trying the Trial version. I think that having the speed to get out of overwhelming fire fights helped me as a new player. I'm sometimes in the mood to play Conquest, especially after they reduced the time it takes to capture points, but other than that, I don't usually run this Mech anymore. I did recently switch over to the SPL from MLasers in both arms. I've found that I enjoy it more. Equipped with a UAV and Airstrike.

Second, my favorite build so far: The WVR-6R, Wolverine.

I love this build. It's quick and tough. The jump jets have saved me more than once and the LB10-X loves to shred the legs off of Lights. If you get in a tight place, the SRM's are a great way to tell an enemy to step up off. 99% of the time, I NEVER have to worry about heat and I couldn't be happier about it. I ran an AMS in this for a while, but I switched it out for more ammo. This variant has a great torso twist angle and speed, giving you a wide swath of firing range. Equipped with a UAV, Airstrike, SRM6 Cooldown 5, and LB10-X Cooldown 5. I'm slowly working towards Radar Deprivation.

Third, my long range support: BLR-1S, Battlemaster.

It took me a long time to get used to this build, but I'm pretty good with it now. If I do well (700+) damage, so does my team. It's not unusual to get 9+ assists while running this. It's kind of a boat, so don't expect to be able to handle much pressure in the shorter ranges. Keep your distance and make it rain. One of the things I love to do in this Mech is spotting on the mini-map a teammate running the death circle, where two or more players try to out maneuver each other by running in a circle, and provide them with that little extra punching power with my LRM's. Equipped with Adv. Sensor Range, Airstrike, and Cool Shot 9. I'm working towards LRM10 Cooldown 5.

Fourth, the barn door: AWS-8Q, Awesome.

I just got this Mech a couple of days ago and have had a lot of fun with it so far. Equipped with UAV and Coolshot 9. I'm working towards PPC Cooldown 5, MPL Cooldown 5, and Adv. Zoom. I don't have too much to say about this one, other than that I have had fun so far. I just upgraded the engine to the Std.300 and haven't tried it yet, but I know I'm going to like it considering the Awesome is just about as slow as it is big with the stock engine.

The last Mech I have is the Protector, Orion Hero Mech that I got just a couple hours ago. About to go test it out. Wish me luck!

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment