Monday, November 17, 2014

Startup Info.

Greetings! Today marks the beginning of this blog and my introduction into blogging. I only kind of know what I'm doing and will respond positively to constructive criticism.

So, I have recently gotten into a game called MechWarrior Online (MWO) and have been having a lot of fun with it. This game is a Free-to-Play mechanized combat simulator with tons of unlockable content and even more content for those willing to spend the cash. The game is similar to a standard First-Person-Shooter, but has many many distinct differences in gameplay mechanics. So far, I haven't spent any of my real world money while playing this game, but I have decided to make some purchases and chronicle my progress here. I'll post gameplay videos, links to other player videos, links to upcoming update information, and thoughts that I have on the game.


Here's a link to download the game for free. As a new player, you may have a lot of difficulty not perishing quickly, but don't be discouraged.  The pacing of this game is one of the largest hurdles for beginners. For new playes, I would suggest that you purchase a 5-button mouse, ergonomic mouse pad, and ergonomic keyboard, if you don't already have them. There are plenty of free-to-play Trial Mechs to use until you earn the in-game credit to purchase your own. There are also plenty of bonuses that you receive as a new player at the end of matches to help you get started with your own Mech. If you're not sure what to buy as your first Mech: try more of the Trial Mechs, look for gameplay on Youtube, check the forums, use Smurfy's MechLab, or just do a Google search ("Mech name" MWO builds). This is a great way to "try-before-you-buy".

Speaking of updates, here's some information on the lastest. New Mechs scheduled to drop tomorrow, Nov. 18th.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment