Thursday, January 29, 2015

Well, this is embarrassing...

Greetings Mechwarriors,

I have previously said that my favorite Mech, my favorite build, and my bread and butter is my WVR-6R. I have made only one change to that build in at least 2 months, and even that change was minimal. I moved the ammunition out of the legs into each of the torsos, added a jump jet, and lost a ton of SRM ammo. That was it. I still love this Mech, sure; it's a lot of fun to pilot. I'm still even able to do well with it, jumping from platform to platform, trying my best to get a decent Alpha. The thing is, though, there's another Mech in my life.

I have more or less fallen in love with my Thunderbolt-9SE. This thing has everything that I could want. It has pulse lasers. It has jump jets. It has a Beagle Active Probe. It has a top speed higher than 65kph. I pair that whooping skill set with cooldown and Target Info Gathering modules. Boom, 800+ damage without even trying. "Oh, what's that? Your torso has no armor? Please, let me provide some relief to your misery."

I will admit, though, that there are issues with this Mech. The torso twist speed isn't amazing and that can lead to issues. Considering that I have two large pulse lasers in the right arm and two medium pulse lasers in the left torso, I have to pick a side to show my foes. When I have to torso twist to prevent taking a lot of damage to a component (my right side), I try to focus the damage more to the left. Even if I lose the medium lasers, it's likely that I'll still have my right arm. I do change this up a bit, depending on the health of my Mech. For situations where I have to retreat, I have also added more rear armor for my right torso. It'd be a real shame to lose those pulse lasers.

Given the slight missteps that would cost me dearly, regardless of the Mech I'm in, I find that I do rather well with this build. When I want to take out my disdain for my fellow players, I run my TDR-9SE. Even more so than that, I run my TDR when I'm, well, a little jaded with MWO. If I've lost four matches in a row, for whatever reason, I take out my TDR. It gives me the little boost of confidence that I need to stay in the game. Sure, MWO could be the kind of game that gives you bonuses for losing, *cough cough* COD *cough cough*, but it has taken the high road and only rewards players for their capabilities in the right Mech. And that's why I enjoy my TDR-9SE,


Good luck and good hunting, pilots.

No comments:

Post a Comment