Friday, February 13, 2015

You know what, PGI? I'll take it.

Greetings Mechwarriors,

Although I, too, hold the Capital NH, "Nerf-Hammer" in as much disdain as anyone, I can't help but shrug off this latest blow. I'd like to think that one person in my Unit is single-handedly responsible for this crap:

New:
WVR-6K
Additional Structure (RA) +18
Large Laser Range +12.5%
Energy Weapon Range +12.5%
Energy Weapon Cooldown +15%
Energy Weapon Heat Gen -12.5%
Large Laser Heat Gen -12.5%
Laser Duration -15%
Missile Weapon Cooldown +15%
Torso Yaw Speed +15%

Old:
Additional Structure (RA) +18
Torso Yaw Speed +25%
Energy Range +25%
Energy Cooldown +12.5%
Energy Heat Gen -12.5%
Missile Range +15%
Large Pulse Laser Range +25%
Large Pulse Laser Cooldown +12.5%
Large Pulse Laser Heat Gen -12.5%

Talk about a different ball game...High five!

Essentially, they've taken away all of the Wolverine-6K's Large Pulse Laser bonuses. If no one has noticed, the large pulse laser is a formidable weapon and you could fit four on this 'Mech! Talk about being able to send a lot of electrons down range quickly. This change in balance wasn't really surprising.

The reason that I say that I'm perfectly happy with this upcoming patch is that only two 'Mechs I own are affected, the BLR-1S and the ON1-P. The Protector, ON1-P, loses its bonuses for the AC/20, but gains a +10% bonus to both Gauss and ballistic cooldowns. I already happen to own the Gauss Cooldown 5 module, currently on my WVR-6R( and yes, it's a blast), which will gain me an additional +12% bonus to my Gauss cooldown. I lose the Missile Range bonus, but I don't really need it for, all the four whopping tons of, two LRM 5s. A 15% bonus to energy range, heat generation, and duration? I'll take it, considering I have two ERLLs and the ERLL Cooldown 5 module... The SRM6 bonuses? PGI, you couldn't give them away. I'm glad to lose them. I do mourn the lose of the AC/20, though. I've been having a lot of fun with it. It's also regrettable that the Gauss is more easily destroyed, but hey, I was nursing my right torso anyway.

The BLR-1S also gets bonuses that will work in my favor. It loses the bonus to LRM15 cooldown and heat generation, but I wasn't using them anyway. I've had much more luck chain firing a LRM 10 and a LRM5. The missile cooldown and heat generation bonuses get kicked up from 10% to 12.5% anyway. Keep it comin'. For what I'm going to lose in the energy weapon heat generation bonus, I'm getting twice the bonus to energy weapon range. +25%? My ERLL are starting to look like mom and dad's favorite of their children on Christmas Eve. The range bonus also is looking pretty good for the two MPLs I just put in a couple of weeks ago.

So, to all the Nerf hatters...ha ha. No, but really, chin up kid. This round of changes in balance will just change up the gameplay. Maybe we'll start to see less touting, gloating, ERPPC boating Thunderbolts. Just sayin'. Unfortunately for you, my BLR is still going to be spouting out "lurms" like an Olsen twin's lunch. I'm honestly glad to see a change in 'Mech Quirks because it will change up gameplay. I mean, to soften the blow, PGI is also giving away a free 'Mech bay (about a buck fity), right?!  They feel your pain. It will be interesting to see how these new Quirks play out against the upcoming Panther, PNT-10K(R) and Enforcer, ENF-5D(R). Speaking of, I'm excitedly awaiting the LB 10-X Quirks for the Enforcer! Can you say "breaching charge"? *Clack-clack*

Good luck and good hunting, pilots.




Sources:
http://lyranmechcavalry.com/forum_threads/1952530
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/189410-sneak-peek-is-quirk-phase-2-feb-17-2015-patch/
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/#mechs_quirks

No comments:

Post a Comment